Step one when you are looking at Florida property for sale and after you have chosen the right development is to choose the right plot:
- Should you insist on a south-facing plot for your Florida property so that the pool gets the sun all day long?
- If you’re a feng shui fan, you will probably want to consider a plot where the front door faces east.
- Do you want a plot with conservation views or that backs onto water?
- Are there any extra charges (“lot premiums”) for the best plots?
Once you have chosen your plot for your Florida property, the next choice is the floor plan:
- How big a house do you need?
- Will it fit on the plot?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you want?
- Does your Florida property need a pool?
Next comes the real fun part . . . choosing the options. These often include:
- Light fittings.
- Microwave oven.
- Washer and Dryer.
Often you can upgrade some of these, but be careful because it is easy to get carried away and spend far more than you anticipated on your Florida property. Some upgrades may add value to your home so that it is easier to sell if the time comes:
- Tiles in the kitchen and bathrooms, if not included in the specifications.
- Upgraded cabinets above the basic level.
- Upgraded taps and light fittings (but these can be less expensive if fitted after you have bought the home).
Finally, ask the sales person to prepare a contract and check that your selections have been accurately recorded and priced (and that they are within your budget).
Click here to send us any questions about the contents of this page.