If you’re thinking about buying Florida property and you want a brand new home (rather than a second hand / “resale” property), you may have already worked out the advantages:
- Location – You can choose the plot and floor plan you like from those offered by the builder.
- Options – Much of the excitement that comes from buying Florida property that is new is the ability to personalize the property and we’ve listed some of the detailed things you can select here.
- Suitability – the location and the options enable you to buy something that is the closest match to your needs, including size, style and budget.
- Warranty – most new homes have a one or even two-year warranty on everything plus a ten-year structural warranty.
Before making any decisions, though, there are some key aspects of your purchase to consider:
1. Production or Custom Builder?
Florida builders are divided into two main categories: Production Builders, who develop whole sites (“communities”) and offer a limited range of floor plans, and Custom Builders who have an almost infinite range of floor plans and styles (click here for more about custom building). Quality and individuality are generally much higher with the latter, but so is the price!
2. Loan Required?
Financing is readily available and you have a variety of options to choose from (some of them listed here) but proceed cautiously.
3. Just For You – Or For Renting Out?
If you’re just looking for a home away from home that you’ll use for family vacations, then Central Florida has some excellent options for you to look at. However, if you’re planning to rent out your home to cover some of the costs, you have some restrictions to think about – click here for some background.