How do I find my dream home in the right location?
The holiday home/investment home purchase most definitely requires experienced input so that an educated purchasing decision can be made. The more informed the buyer is with correct information, the better chance of a successful end result.
How can a Licensed Realtor help?
If he/she has the right experience and approach, advice and assistance can include:
- Which areas allow for short term rentals (these areas are regulated by the government
- Who are the good builders (and builders with a poor reputation)
- How to make your home stand out in the rental market e.g. furniture, appliances, pool, finishing touches, etc.
- Carrying out the “walk through” prior to closing, which can eliminate the necessity of the client returning to Florida simply for that event
- Confirming in the client’s absence that all of the contracted items and planned extras have been supplied
- Ensuring services (e.g. water, electricity, cable TV) are turned on
- Coordinating delivery of the furniture package
- Confirming that the property is fully completed and ready for occupation
For more information specific to UK buyers, click here: Buying Florida Property.