Like almost all of us, when you’re selling a property, you probably want the most money at the end of it in the shortest amount of time.
Realtor fees are typically 5-6% of the selling price, so why should you use one?
If you can answer “yes” to the following, you probably don’t need a Realtor:
- Do you know how to make the maximum number of people aware that your home is for sale?
- Are you willing to answer phone calls and e-mails and arrange viewings seven days a week?
- Do you have enough sales expertise to make a potential buyer feel at ease when they’re viewing your home?
- Do you have contacts to help you finalize the sale with no legal problems, e.g. lawyer, title company, etc.?
- Do you know the steps that you have to go through to get your home sold?
On the other hand, if you have problems with the following, a Realtor might be required:
- How do I price my home?
- How do I make it look the most attractive to buyers?
- How do I identify those buyers who are real “prospects”?
- Who makes sure that I have a fully legal transfer of ownership of my home to a new buyer?
Only you can decide if the apparent saving in commission is worth all of the headaches of “going it alone”.
On the other hand, if you value the expertise of a someone who deals with real estate issues full-time and you regard his/her commission as a fair price to pay for that expertise, then you should probably use a Realtor.
Use our Contact Us form to ask any questions about selling your home.