WHY USE A REALTOR?
PLANNING TO BUY A CENTRAL FLORIDA HOME AND YOU’RE EXPERIENCED ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH THE BUYING PROCESS?
Then you may feel that you don’t need the services of a Realtor and we completely respect that point of view. However:
Our clients have told us many times and it’s something to consider:
There are a few times in your life when it is critical to use a specialist:
- When you are embarking on the most expensive purchase that most of us make in our lifetime, which is a home.
- When you need life saving surgery.
- You have to defend yourself in tax court when the government says you owe them a million in back taxes.
In these times everyone turns to the internet for information, and that’s fine if you are buying a cheap watch or printer ink. When the risk is great it makes the most sense to use a true specialist in the field.
With that being said, there are many benefits that working with a Realtor (as your Buyer’s Agent) brings:
- Knowledge of local market conditions and prices and how things work in the Florida system.
- Professional advice for free, because in the Florida system, a Buyer’s Agent receives a proportion of the Selling Agent’s commission and doesn’t charge anything to the Buyer.
- Identification of all properties listed for sale by any Realtor in the area: all of these properties are on one common computer database that all Realtors have access to (the Multiple Listing System “MLS”).
- Highlighting of the top properties for sale matching the client’s needs and representing value for money.
- Time saving, by the Realtor scheduling viewing times for suitable properties and then driving the client to each one in turn. This allows more properties to be viewed in a shorter time.
- Experience in negotiating contracts, providing advice on whether sellers or buyers are being realistic.
- Preparation of a written offer on the buyer’s behalf, using a State-approved standard contract.
- Advice on how to deal with any counter-offer.
- Recommendation of points to be negotiated in the contract.
- Assistance in procuring the required specialists, such as home inspector, title company, finance company, and so on.
- Guidance on how to proceed to bring the transaction to a successful closing.
We hope that this gives you at least a little insight into how a Realtor can help you, but if you need any further details, click here to complete the Inquiry Form.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY:
Very excited by our new purchase and cannot thank you enough. You were such a help through very unfamiliar territory. Would be more than happy to act as a reference any time.
G.K., Kent, UK
You helped us from start to finish and beyond . . . from finding and choosing the plot through to furnishing the house and helping to set up the utilities once we had closed on the home – a “one-stop shop”. You made it all so smooth and trouble free for us. We were so far away in the U.K. . . . I don’t know how anyone does this without your help.
B.R., Derby, UK
Chris helped me to build my real estate holding from 0 to 5 homes worth almost $1 million dollars in just over 3 years, including 3 Disney Orlando Vacation homes. All were sold for a profit, which I give credit to Chris, who knows the Florida Real Estate market so well.
Anne S. Orlando
It looks so easy from the Internet sites. And some other Realtors play down exactly what is involved. What Colin showed us and what he did meant that we were kept informed at every stage. He made sure that we knew what we needed at each stage, from buying through to setting up the home and managing it the most effectively. We want to thank him for everything.
V.B., Exeter, UK
We just want to say how much we value the work that Colin did for us. His advice helped us to avoid what could have been some big mistakes and he showed us how to find the place we were looking for – or rather, the home that best fitted our plans both now and in the future. It’s amazing, looking back, how much Colin’s challenge to our preconceptions changed our thinking. I’m delighted both that we were referred to him and that he continues to give us support when we require it.
R.H., Oxford, UK